dark chocolate mousse
The lightest and fluffiest dark chocolate mousse you will ever eat! It’s hard to believe this rich and indulgent mousse is so low in sugar. Beautiful served with extra chocolate shavings, fresh berries and cream. Yum!
You will need
- 1 x pack Noshu 95% Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Melts
- 2 x small ramekins or glasses for serving
- Digital kitchen scales
- Electric mixer
for the mousse
- 150 g Noshu 95% Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Melts
- 2 x extra-large eggs (yolks separated)
- 165 ml thickened cream
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Place your Dark Chocolate Melts in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave on low heat in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted. This shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes all up, depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Place your egg whites into a small bowl and whip with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Place aside.
- Place your cream into another small bowl and whip on medium-high speed until fluffy and soft peaks form. Be careful not to over whip and split the cream.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg yolks and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy and pale in colour. Pour the melted chocolate into your egg yolks and continue mixing on medium speed until smooth and fully combined.
- Carefully fold through half of the whipped egg whites and whipped cream into your chocolate mixture until combined. Continue folding through the rest of the egg whites and cream until fully combined and smooth.
- Spoon the mousse into your serving dishes and refrigerate until ready to serve! Delicious served with chocolate shavings, fresh berries and cream.
Store covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.