festive chocolate truffles
Chocolate truffles are the perfect addition to your Christmas dessert table. They are so easy to make and are a sure crowd pleaser! Roll them in your favourite coatings for different flavours. Delicious!
You will need
- 2 x packs Noshu 95% Sugar Free Choc Baking Chips
for the truffles
- 300 g Noshu 95% Sugar Free Choc Baking Chips
- 6 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tsps vanilla essence
- Pinch salt
for the coatings
- Crushed nuts of choice
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Cocoa powder
- Freeze-dried strawberry powder
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, place your choc chips, coconut cream, vanilla essence and salt. Stir to combine and microwave on low heat in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted and smooth. This shouldn’t take longer than 2 minutes all up depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Cover the mixture in cling wrap ensuring the wrap is directly touching the mixture and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Place your coating ingredients of choice into seperate bowls, ready for rolling.
- Remove the ganache from the fridge. It should be set to touch, but soft enough to scoop. Prepare a large plate with baking paper.
- Scoop up a tablespoon of the ganache and roll into a ball with your hands. Place on your plate and repeat with the remaining ganache. You may need to ice your hands throughout this process to stop the ganache from going too soft.
- Once all the truffles are rolled, roll them into your choice of coatings to cover and serve them at room temperature for that soft fudgy texture.
Truffles are best enjoyed on the day they are made, however you can refrigerate them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.