how to make the 3 layered cake
A lot of people have been asking how to make the 3 layered rich chocolate or vanilla velvet cake on the front of our packaging. There are a few different steps you’ll need to follow but it’s not that hard and you’ll impress everyone with your creation.
You will need
- 1 box Noshu 98% Sugar Free Cake Mix (Rich Chocolate or Vanilla Velvet)
- 3 x 5 inch (13cm) round cake tins
for the cake
- 1 sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Cake Mix (Rich Chocolate or Vanilla Velvet)
- 3/4 cup milk/nut milk or water
- 2 x extra large eggs
- 100 g/6 tbsp non-dairy spread or butter (melted)
for the frosting
- 1 sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Frosting Mix (Chocolate or Vanilla)
- 70 g/4 tbsp butter (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp full cream milk
non-dairy frosting option
- 70 g/4 tbsp non-dairy spread (no milk needed)
- 100 g Noshu 95% Sugar Free Choc or White Choc Baking Chips
- 100 ml pouring cream
Preheat the oven to 170°C (160°C fan forced). Grease and line the base of your baking tins with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine packet cake mix, milk (or water), eggs and melted non-dairy spread (or melted butter).
- Beat with an electric mixer using the whisk attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 3 x 5inch (13cm) round cake tins and cover with foil.
- Place the 3 cake tins in the preheated over at 170°C (160°C fan forced), then remove foil after 20 minutes baking time.
- Cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes until a skewer inserted into the cake centre comes out clean.
- Once cooked, remove cakes from tins and place on a wire cooling rack to cool completely before decorating.
- To prepare frosting, add room temperature butter (or non-dairy spread) to a medium mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add frosting mix, 1 tbsp at a time, beating on medium for a further 3–4 minutes until frosting is smooth.
- If using butter, add the full cream milk and beat on high for an additional 2 minutes until frosting is aerated and doubled in volume.
- Using a spatular, spread a thin layer of frosting between the cake layers before applying the frosting on the top and lightly to the sides of the cake.
- If your layers have slightly domed tops, simply slice off with a sharp knife to even the layers before applying frosting. Scrape and smooth the frosting on the cake sides with a spatula.
- Bring 100 ml of pouring cream to a simmer.
- Finely chop 100 g of Noshu 95% Sugar Free Choc or White Choc Baking Chips, place in a bowl and slowly pour over the hot cream.
- Stir gently to form a smooth ganache and pour over the top of cake as desired.
- Decorate with more Sugar Free Choc Baking Chips to add extra choc love.
Keep chilled in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.