simple vanilla biscuits
A lower carb and much lower sugar take on the classic “sugar cookie”, these lovely little biscuits are perfect for decorating, gifting or just enjoying with a tea.
You will need
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 x Noshu 95% Sugar Free Milk Chocolate Melts
- Digital kitchen scales
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
for the biscuits
- 370 g Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 120 g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 120 g cold butter, cubed
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 tbsp full cream milk
for the chocolate dip
- 150 g Noshu 95% Sugar Free Milk Chocolate Melts
Preheat the oven to 165°C (155°C fan forced). Grease and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix, flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add cold butter and rub through the dry mix with your fingertips until butter is evenly distributed and there are no lumps, or place into a stand mixer and mix on low-medium speed for 2 minutes, until butter is evenly distributed and there are no big lumps of butter.
- Make a well in the middle of your mixture and add in your egg and milk. Mix through with a fork until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed until soft and smooth. Place the dough into a bowl, cover it with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- On a floured sheet of baking paper, roll out the dough with a lightly floured rolling pin, about 1cm in thickness. Cut the dough with your cookie cutter and place the shapes directly onto your prepared tray. Place this into the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill. This will help the biscuits keep their shape.
- Bake the cookies in your preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on their size and shape. You will know they are ready when they are lightly golden brown, look matte and are firm to the touch. Allow cookies to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely before decorating.
- Place your Milk Chocolate Melts in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave on low heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted. This shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes all up, depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Dip and decorate your cookies with the meted chocolate as desired and place them on a tray to set.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.