lemon drizzle cake
This lovely low sugar lemon drizzle cake will be your new go-to bake. A super easy recipe that packs a lemon punch, while being lower carb and really low in sugar! Serve it warm with a dollop of double cream or a scoop of low sugar vanilla ice-cream. Enjoy!
You will need
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 x standard loaf tin (25cm x 10cm)
- Digital kitchen scales
- Electric mixer
for the cake
- 1 x sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 x extra large eggs
- 100 g butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup full cream milk
- Zest of 2 lemons
for the lemon drizzle
- 1 x sachet Noshu Vanilla Frosting Mix
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat oven to 160°C (150°C fan forced). Grease and line your loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix, eggs, butter, milk and lemon zest into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and mix on medium speed for a further 30 seconds until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf tin and cover with foil.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 20 minutes. You will know your cake is ready when it is golden brown in colour and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and prick the top all over with a fork. Lift the cake out of the tin with the baking paper and place on a wire cooling rack.
- To make the lemon drizzle, simply mix together the vanilla frosting mix and lemon juice with a whisk until fully combined, then pour the mixture all over your loaf cake. It is ok for for the glaze to go over the cake while it is still warm.
- Slice and serve warm with a dollop of double cream. Yum!
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.