Golden petite butter cakes just like the classic French recipe, but with much less sugar and fewer carbs. Enjoy these little cakes with a tea or coffee. Yum!
You will need
- 2 x madeleine baking trays
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 x pack Noshu 95% Sugar Free White Choc Baking Chips
for the madeleines
- 370 g Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 130 g butter, cubed
- 2 x extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup full cream milk
- 1/2 lemon (zest only)
- Pinch salt
for the white choc dip
- 150 g Noshu 95% Sugar Free White Choc Baking Chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 170°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly spray your madeleine baking trays with oil or brush with melted butter to grease.
- To brown butter, place your butter in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until completely melted. Let it bubble and continue cooking until it reaches a golden-brown colour, stirring every now and again. You may see some speckles appear which is just parts of the butter toasting. Set aside to cool slightly, but remain liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, place Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix, eggs, milk, lemon zest and salt. Pour in your slightly cooled brown butter and whisk with a hand whisk until fully combined and smooth. Transfer batter into a piping bag and pipe the batter into your molds so that they are ¾ full (if you don’t have a piping bag you can use a spoon to spoon the batter into the molds).
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown and risen.
- Allow madeleines to cool in the tray on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes, then gently loosen them from the molds. If they stick, carefully run a small knife around the edge until they release.
- Leave them to cool on the wire cooling rack while you make the white choc dip.
white choc dip
- Place your White Choc Baking Chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave on low heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted. This shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes all up, depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Dip the madeleines in your melted chocolate to your desire and place them on a wire cooling rack to set.
- Dust your madeleines with a little Noshu Vanilla Frosting Mix and enjoy!
Madeleines are best enjoyed on the day they are baked, but you can store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.