Low sugar lemon curd
A simple and easy recipe for all of the lemon lovers! This delicious lemon curd is perfectly creamy, while having the much loved zing of lemon. Serve it with pancakes, crepes, toast, cakes or eat it by the spoonful!
You will need
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix (frosting sachet only)
For the lemon curd
- 1 x sachet Noshu Vanilla Frosting Mix
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 70 g butter, cut into cubes
- Zest of one lemon
- Fill a medium saucepan 3/4 full with water and bring to the boil.
- Place a glass bowl on top of the saucepan to create a Baine-Marie (making sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water).
- Place your frosting mix, lemon juice, lemon zest and egg yolks into the bowl and whisk using a hand whisk until the mixture thickens. This should take about 5 minutes.
- While continuously whisking, gradually add the cubes of butter and keep mixing until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the heat and cover the curd in cling wrap, ensuring the cling wrap touches the lemon curd itself, so it doesn’t form a skin.
- Refrigerate and enjoy on pancakes, crepes, toast or on it’s own.
Tip: Mix the curd really well before serving each time.
Store refrigerated in a glass jar for up to 1 week.