rich chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting
Not just an ordinary chocolate cake, this delicious beauty is generously spread with a peanut butter cheesecake frosting. We teamed up with Pic’s to make this decadent cake, and trust us when we say it’s a choc peanut butter lovers dream. Yum!
You will need
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 x Noshu 95% Sugar Free White Choc Baking Chips
- 1 x jar smooth peanut butter
- 20 x 20cm square cake tin
for the rich chocolate cake
- 1 x sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 extra large eggs
- 100 g butter, melted
- ¾ cup milk
for the peanut butter cheesecake frosting
- 200 g cream cheese
- 130 g Noshu 95% Sugar Free White Choc Baking Chips
- 50 g smooth peanut butter
- 70 ml thickened cream
- 40 g Noshu Rich Chocolate Frosting Mix
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Roasted peanuts
Preheat your oven to 160°C (150C fan forced). Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Place your Rich Chocolate Cake Mix, eggs, butter and milk in a medium sized bowl and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for one and a half minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour batter into your prepared cake tin and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes before taking off the foil and baking for a further 10-15 minutes uncovered. The cake should look matte and a skewer inserted into the centre should come out clean. Place your cake on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt your White Choc Baking Chips and thickened cream together on low heat in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring well in between until completely melted and smooth. Set this aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whip your cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add the Rich Chocolate Frosting Mix and continue whipping until fully combined. Add in the peanut butter and vanilla extract and whip until smooth.
- Add the choc cream mixture into your cream cheese mixture and continue whipping on low speed until you have a smooth and fluffy frosting.
- Using a piping bag or a pallet knife, thickly spread your cake with the frosting and top with roasted peanuts. Yum!
Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.