low sugar rich chocolate mud cake
You can now make a deliciously rich chocolate mudcake without the high sugar load and heavy carbs. This easy recipe using our 98% Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake Mix will be your new go-to for every occasion. Enjoy on its own or with fresh berries and a dollop of double cream.
You will need
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 x packs Noshu 95% Sugar Free Milk Chocolate Melts
- 1 x 8inch (20cm) round cake tin
- Digital kitchen scales
for the cake
- 370 g Noshu 98% Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake Mix
- 300 g Noshu 95% Sugar Free Milk Chocolate Melts
- 160 g butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 x large eggs
for the frosting
- 1 sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting Mix
- 70 g butter (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp full cream milk
for a non-dairy frosting option replace butter with
- 70 g non-dairy spread (no milk required)
Preheat oven to 145°C (135°C fan forced). Grease and line the base of your cake tin with baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt together your butter, Milk Chocolate Melts and milk over medium heat until fully combined and smooth.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly. Using a wooden spoon or hand whisk, mix in your Rich Chocolate Cake Mix and eggs, one at a time until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into your cake tin and cover with a sheet of foil.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes then remove foil and bake for a further 35 minutes uncovered. You will know your cake is ready when a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove cake from tin and place on a wire cooling rack to cool completely before decorating.
- To prepare frosting, beat room temperature butter OR chilled non-dairy spread in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high for 2 minutes until pale. Gradually add frosting mix 1 tbsp at a time and beat for a further 3-4 minutes until smooth.
- If using butter, add full cream milk and beat on high for a further 3-4 minutes until frosting is smooth and aerated.
- Decorate cake with frosting as desired.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.