black forest cake
A much-loved classic with a low sugar refresh! Our 98% Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake Mix makes the perfect black forest cake. Rich and decadent with a dark choc ganache, yum!
You will need
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 x Noshu 97% Sugar Free Dark Choc Baking Chips
- 3 x 6 inch (15cm) round cake tins
- Electric mixer
for the cake
- 1 x sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 x extra large eggs
- 100 g butter or non-dairy spread (melted)
- 3/4 cup milk/ nut milk or water
for the filling
- 235 ml thickened cream
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup pitted cherries, chopped
for the ganache
- 150 g Noshu 97% Sugar Free Dark Choc Baking Chips
- 65 ml thickened cream
- Cherries to decorate
Preheat oven to 160°C (150°C fan forced). Grease and line the base of 3 x 6 inch (15cm) round cake tins with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine packet cake mix, milk (or water), eggs and melted butter (or non-dairy spread).
- Beat with an electric mixer using the whisk attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into your cake tins and cover with foil, leaving room for the cake to rise in the centre.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove cakes from their tins and place on a wire cooling rack to cool completely before assembling.
- Place cream and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl, and whip with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold through your chopped cherries with a spatula.
- To make the dark choc ganache, place your Dark Choc Baking Chips and cream in a small microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave on low heat in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place one cake on a cake stand or serving plate. Top with approximately half of your whipped cream and spread evenly. Repeat with remaining layers of cake and cream, finishing with a cake layer on top.
- Carefully pour your dark choc ganache on top of your cake and spread with a palette knife or spoon, allowing some to drip over the edge. Decorate with cherries on top.
Keep chilled in an airtight container for up to 3 days.