100 calorie chocolate self-saucing pudding
This low calorie self-saucing chocolate pudding is indulgent, decadent and feels much ‘naughtier’ than it really is! With absolutely no added sugar or fuss, it’s the ultimate quick dessert and can also be made vegan friendly.
You will need
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake Mix
- Medium oval baking dish
for the pudding
- 240 g Noshu 98% Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup (180ml) whole milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 30g melted butter or coconut oil
for the sauce
- 1 x sachet Noshu Rich Chocolate Frosting Mix
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
Preheat oven to 180°C conventional / 170°C fan forced. Grease a large Pyrex or oven-proof ceramic dish with butter or oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly whisk the milk, cake mix and melted butter/oil until well combined. Pour the pudding mix into your baking dish, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- In a separate jug, combine frosting sachet with boiling water using a whisk.
- Slowly pour the sauce over the pudding mix over the top of a spoon, until the pudding is evenly covered.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in centre.
- Serve hot with fresh berries, cream or ice cream of choice (we used vanilla coconut milk ice cream to keep ours vegan-friendly).
Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.