Carrot cake cookies
A soft carrot cake cookie with thick cream cheese frosting! A perfect easy recipe to take to your Easter celebrations!
You will need
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Choc Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix (frosting sachet only)
- Digital kitchen scales
For the cookies
- 1 x sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Choc Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 40 g butter, melted
- 1 x extra-large egg
- 30 g sultanas
- 20 g shredded coconut
- 65 g grated carrot (approx. 2 small carrots)
For the cream cheese frosting
- 1 x sachet Noshu Vanilla Frosting Mix
- 150 g cream cheese, softened
- 50 g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Walnuts, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 150°C (140°C fan forced) and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cookie mix, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined.
- Add melted butter, egg, sultanas, coconut and carrot, and mix well with a wooden spoon to create your cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough into even balls (roughly 2 tbsp each) and place on your lined cookie trays. Allow them to chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely before decorating.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, place vanilla frosting mix, cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and salt into a medium bowl and use an electric mixer to beat together on medium speed until a smooth frosting forms.
- Pipe or spread cream cheese frosting onto cooled cookies and top with a sprinkle of chopped walnuts or cinnamon.
Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.