Low sugar ANZAC inspired biscuits
Looking for a low sugar ANZAC inspired biscuits recipe that still has that delicious, chewy texture? Healthier baking at it’s best… You can also easily make dairy free biscuits from this recipe if needed… Go on, get baking!
You will need
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix (frosting not required)
- Measuring spoons
for the biscuits
- 1 x sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 100 g desiccated/shredded coconut
- 200 g rolled oats
- 75 g honey
- 4 tbsp water
- 150 g butter
- 1 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
for a non-dairy biscuit option, replace butter with:
- 170 g cold Nuttelex
Preheat oven to 160°C (150°C fan forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together your Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix, coconut and rolled oats. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt together your honey, water and butter. Once melted and lightly bubbling, whisk in the bicarb soda.
- Pour your butter mixture into your dry mix and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon to combine. Divide dough into 30 even parts and roll into balls. Place the balls onto your prepared tray and lightly press down with a fork or your fingers.
- Bake for 8–12 minutes until golden brown and set to touch. (For a soft and chewy biscuit, bake for 8-10 minutes or for a crispy and crunchy biscuit, bake for 10-12 minutes). Allow biscuits to cool on the tray before enjoying!
Store at room temperature in an airtight container or wrapped in glad wrap for up to 7 days.