Orange and poppy seed cake
This easy cake comes together in minutes! With it's soft and tender texture, it will be a crowd-pleaser at your next celebration.
You will need
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 x 10-inch (25cm) Bundt pan
- Electric mixer
for the cake
- 1 x sachet Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 x extra large eggs
- 100 g butter or non-dairy spread, melted
- 150 ml milk or nut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3 tsp poppy seeds
for the orange glaze
- 1 x sachet Noshu Vanilla Frosting Mix
- 1 1/2 tbsp orange juice
- Zest of half an orange
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 150°C (140°C fan forced). Spray your Bundt pan with oil and dust with a little flour (this will help the cake from sticking to the pan).
- In a large mixing bowl, place your cake mix, eggs, butter, milk, orange juice, orange zest and poppy seeds and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and mix on medium for a further minute until the batter is fluffy.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bundt pan and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Turn cake out onto a wire cooling rack and set aside to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, place your frosting mix, orange juice, orange zest and poppy seeds, and mix with a hand whisk until a smooth pourable glaze forms.
- Drizzle over your cake and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.