raspberry and white choc scones
Anything that is raspberry and white choc is a yes from us! A classic recipe with one of the best flavour combinations. These scones are lower in carbs and sugar, but just as delicious as traditional scones. Serve them warm out of the oven with a generous spread of butter. Yum!
You will need
- 1 x Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 x Noshu 95% Sugar Free White Choc Baking Chips
for the scones
- 370 g Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 454 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 144 g cold butter, cubed
- 2 x extra-large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 140 g frozen raspberries
- 100 g Noshu 95% Sugar Free White Choc Baking Chips
Preheat oven to 170°C (160°C fan forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix, flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add cold cubed butter and rub it through the flour with your fingertips until butter is evenly distributed and there are no lumps. Alternatively, you can use a stand mixer and mix on low-medium speed for 2 minutes until butter is evenly distributed and there are no big lumps.
- Make a well in the centre and add your eggs and milk. Mix through with a fork until a dough forms. It will be quite soft and sticky.
- Gently fold through your raspberries and White Choc Baking Chips.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll it out with a floured rolling pin or lightly pat down with your hands, until it is 2cm thick. Cut out dough with a 5.5cm (diameter) round cutter.
- Place your scones onto your prepared tray and bake in your preheated oven for 11 minutes. Your scones should be lightly golden.
- The scones are best served warm from the oven with butter. You can also reheat them in a low temperature oven (roughly 120°C) for 3 minutes.
Keep chilled in an airtight container for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.