The most delicious vanilla slice that will bring up all the nostalgia! An easy recipe using our White Choc Baking Chips and Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix.
You will need
- 1 x pack Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 x packs Noshu 95% Sugar Free White Choc Baking Chips
- 1 x pack Sao crackers
- 20 x 20 cm square cake tin
- Digital kitchen scales
for the custard filling
- 600 ml milk
- 400 ml cream
- 6 x large egg yolks
- 1 x sachet Noshu Vanilla Frosting Mix
- 80 g Noshu 98% Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix
- 200 g Noshu 95% Sugar Free White Choc Baking Chips
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
for the passionfruit ganache
- 100 g Noshu 95% Sugar Free White Choc Baking Chips
- 80 ml thickened cream
- 50 ml passionfruit pulp
Line your cake tin with cling wrap and place a single layer of Sao crackers on the bottom of the tin. This will create the base layer of the slice.
- Place your cream, milk and white choc chips into a medium saucepan. Whisk over a medium heat until the mixture is warm and the chips have started to melt. Make sure not to bring it to boil.
- While the cream mixture heats, whisk together egg yolks, vanilla frosting mix, Vanilla Velvet Cake Mix and vanilla essence in a large bowl until smooth. The mixture will be really thick.
- Carefully pour a quarter of the heated cream mixture into the egg mixture, whisking quickly but carefully to bring the egg mixture to temperature. Carefully stream the remaining heated cream mixture into your egg mixture and whisk until well combined and smooth. Transfer the mix back into the saucepan and continue whisking over medium heat until it thickens to a custard consistency. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove custard from the heat and allow it to cool slightly before gently pouring it over your Sao base. Top the custard with another single layer of Sao crackers and place in the fridge to cool while you make your ganache.
- In a small saucepan, whisk your cream, white choc chips and passionfruit together on a low heat until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Allow this to cool slightly before pouring over the top of your slice.
- Tightly wrap your tin with cling wrap and set in the fridge overnight.
- Slice into desired sized pieces and enjoy!
Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.